These are exciting times at BBUUC. Here are few things you should know:
- First, I would like to announce that we are in receipt of a very generous donation from the family of Rev. Patricia Ray. We have set up a fund call the Rev. Patricia Ray Scholarship Fund to provide Board approved scholarships to Members to cover expenses associated with Our Whole Lives: Lifespan Sexuality Education (OWL) facilitator training and/or Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
- As most of you may know we are in the middle of the BBUUC Silent Auction. We are finally able to bring back these types of activities, which allows everyone to participant in fun and useful activities. The Auction runs through November 6 and all proceeds will be used to support our Ministries and Operations.
- For those of you looking for a great (and different) way to celebrate Thanksgiving this year, BBUUS is sponsoring at Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner. Dinner will be served at 1:00 on Thanksgiving Day (Nov. 24th). Come join folks for good fellowship and good eats.
- Learn About Us classes are being scheduled on a regular basis. It is exciting to see all the new faces learning about what it means to be a UU and, importantly, what it means to be a BBUUC UU. If you have friends or family that might be interested, let Membership know.
- Be sure to check out the latest list of opportunities and event announcements in the new insert in the weekly Order of Service or This Week or the monthly Journey.
We continue to look for opportunities to meet together as a community to learn, share and fellowship – and to have fun! If you have any ideas, let me know at President@bbuuc.org or send your ideas to Office@bbuuc.org.
I wish everyone a Happy Holiday Season!