Volunteers for Religious Education (RE)
Helping us support and develop the future.
Religious Education is an excellent way to help serve the BBUUC Congregation. As a Children’s RE volunteer you would be helping support, develop, and mentor our youth of the congregation. It is making a phenomenal impact on the child’s perception of their community. During growth development, children crave having multiple mentors. The best part of children’s RE is that you end up learning and growing right along with them. The classes include spirit play, spirit seeker, spirit explorers, youth, and Our Whole Lives.
- We need two adult volunteers in each classroom.
- Volunteer time starts during service and ends at 11:40 a.m.
- You do not need prior experience for Sunday RE. We will help train you.
- Our Whole Lives requires official training that we can set up.
- Syllabus and materials will be provided for you each week
- Safety is our number one priority. Background checks are required.
- The more hands we have to help the lighter the work.
Agreeing to teach Religious Education takes love, compassion, humor, and bravery because kids are amazing, funny, and volatile flames of passion.
Grow and stretch intellectually while developing friendships.
Adult RE are groups exclusive to those above the age of 18 years old. It emphasizes the importance of community. Each group is made up of 8-10 people. Some groups will cover special topics like Faith Development (Journey Circles), social justice movements, or Our Whole Lives.
- Becoming a facilitator allows the autonomy of what class to run, when, and where the classes are held.
- Provides a comfortable environment to develop meaningful relationships.
- Facilitators will receive a syllabus and helpful packets to assist meetings..
- Allows learning to happen organically through each other’s perspectives
- Opportunity for spiritual growth
To volunteer for Children or Adult RE contact Jenn Jones at email@example.com