The Mission of READI Ministry is to educate BBUUC
in effective and evolving
Anti-racism and Anti-oppression work.
Through education, discussion, reflection, and community work
we will deepen our understanding of racial equity, accessibility,
diversity, and inclusion and empower our community
to change the world, beginning with ourselves.
We welcome members to join this ministry who wish to engage in this important work.
UNDER CONSTRUCTION! More events and scheduled dates to come!
Planned activities for the coming year include:
- Engaging in the UUA Article II Study Commission’s work around a proposed Eighth Principle.
- A common read of My Grandmother’s Hands by Resmaa Menakem.
- A common read of Mistakes and Miracles by Nancy Palmer Jones and Karen Lin.
- Explore issues of institutionalized racism and white supremacy culture.
- Offer learning experiences to clarify issues and deepen the journey, through discussion forums, films, speakers, workshops, and opportunities for activism with the goal of ending racism.
- Listening Circles, providing people a space to speak and listen to each other in an atmosphere of safety, decorum and equality.
- Uphold and center the history, the perspectives, the voices, and the leadership of People of Color and from racially and ethnically marginalized groups.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Claudia Marshall, Ministry Chair