The mission of the BBUUC Membership Committee is to:
- Warmly welcome all visitors
- Provide information about our church and denomination
- Provide a pathway to membership
- Integrate new members into the congregation
- Foster a sense of belonging in our church community
- Review members’ level of involvement
- Maintain a complete and accurate membership database
The Membership Committee accomplishes our mission by:
- Recruiting volunteer Greeters each Sunday morning to open the door, welcome everyone, hand out the Orders of Service, and take the collection.
- Staffing the Welcome Table each Sunday before and after the service to welcome first time visitors and answer any questions about our church.
- Planning, scheduling, and facilitating Learn About Us Classes for those want to learn more about Unitarian Universalism and our congregation and may wish to become Members.
- Leading the optional New Member Ceremony during Sunday worship to celebrate individuals who join the church.
- Maintaining the church membership database for Members of our church community.
- Planning and coordinating social events.
- a. Mini-mixers are designed specifically for new members to become socially acquainted with long time members.
- b. Circle Suppers are informal potluck dinners, hosted at the home of a volunteer.
If you are interested in how to become a Member, click here.
To register for our “Learn About Us” Classes, click here.
For more information contact email@example.com