This week at BBUUC….
October 13: Rev. Jack Ford presents “Join the Move: An Association Sunday”
The UUA has moved! Our Boston headquarters at 25 Beacon Street, occupied for nearly 100 years, has become out-dated and outgrown. This month, UU congregations all over the country are celebrating Association Sunday by focusing on this theme called Join the Move. Come and support our Association, and perhaps learn something new about the history and direction of this amazing Unitarian Universalist faith.
Led by: Ken Christiansen
Accompanied by: Gary Smart
Our Teens will remain in service this week!
What’s happening at Church this week?
Saturday, October 12
· 8am BBUUC Rummage Sale! Come on out: shop or volunteer, or both!!! We are in need of donations to our bake sale still – donations should be here by 10am!
· 4pm River City Pride Parade – The BBUUC contingent is gathering at Devon Norris’s house around 3pm to walk the route. If you are interested in walking the route with our congregation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the address.
We’d also love to see a strong presence of supporters along the parade route in Riverside/Avondale! Please come out and show your support! There is also going to be a block party at the end of the route which will last until 8pm.
Sunday, October 13
· 9am LRE Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
- 9:45am Coffee Conversations – High School Room
- 12pm Caring Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
- 12pm Goods and Services Auction Planning Meeting – Middle School Room – BBUUC is planning a fantastic Goods and Services Auction Gala night on February 15th, and we are putting together an Auction Planning Team today! Please join us Sunday for a meeting at Noon in the Middle School Classroom if you would like to help us create an evening to remember and a successful fundraising event to improve the financial health of our church and support its ministry.
We are looking for dedicated folks who are creative, motivated and enjoy making things happen! We need volunteers to assist with planning, promoting, entertaining, food and beverages, acquiring donations (from members, friends, local businesses and services), cataloguing, pricing, organizing, inspiring, and cat-herding. Our goal is to make this a fun and profitable event, with the “fun” part extending to the work of the Planning Team. If you have ideas, experience with Auctions or event planning, and you are willing to donate your time and talent, please join us at noon after fellowship!
Tuesday, October 15
- 7pm Worship Committee – Elementary Room
Wednesday, October 16
· 2pm Afternoon Tea Affinity Group @ Linda Crawford’s Home
This is a time to relax and get to know each other over tea and delicious treats. Everyone is invited, whether you are a member or a new friend of this church. Please note that this is the first tea we’re having at this earlier time of two o’clock. We’re hoping that this will be more convenient for attendees. Please contact Linda for details and directions
· 6:30pm Comfort Crafts Affinity Group – Elementary Room
· 7pm BEACON –High School Room
· 7pm Understanding the Bible- Middle School Room
Thursday, October 17
· 7pm Faithful Choices, facilitated by Jack Ford and Ellen Miceli – Elementary Room
Sunday, October 20
· 9:45am Coffee Conversations — Childcare and coffee will be provided!
· 11am River City Pride Festival at the site of the Riverside Arts Market. That is located under the Fuller Warren bridge on Riverside Avenue.
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!