10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The ONE YEAR TO LIVE CLASS will be a discussion in 12 MEETINGS of life’s goals and purposes. An individual may look at establishing life’s priorities, and how that individual might view projects in the last 12 months remaining in life. The BBUUC Caring Committee is the sponsoring committee and encourages attendance.
- The Year To Live CLASS will be limited to twenty-four (24) persons, first come –first served, ages 18 up. Only 7 slots are left as of August 16. These sessions will be held at BBUUC on the second Saturday of each month,10:30am to noon.
- Sign up in the front lobby to get your name registered.
- An outline of the first four monthly sessions and dates are as follows.
- This class was given at the Eno River UU Fellowship, Durham, NC, in 2008.
- The class is based on the popular book “A Year to Live” by Stephen Levine, published originally by the UU Beacon Press. The book is sold on Amazon.com and is recommended as a study guide for the entire 12 month class.
- Meetings and Topics -10:30 am to Noon- 2nd Saturday. First four months:
MONTH 1 – Theme – One Year To Live – An Overview
Sat, Sept 10, 2016
12 months – Prospective – Am I Sad, or Glad?
What is your FAITH? Individual Check in (optional) 3 minutes
MONTH 2 – Overview – Tasks for the NEXT 11 months
Sat., Oct 8, 2016 (Meeting at 3:30 – 5:00 pm (this date only)
Check in – – 3 minutes — Write a Journal or personal notes?
What is a journal? A plan? Write it down? The Law requires a WILL.
MONTH 3 – Decisions – WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?
Sat., Nov 12, 2016
Consider: bring your own journal and plan for the next year.
Perhaps a matrix and/or perhaps a matrix of faith.
MONTH 4 – Tasks for Today: You mean I NEED a will?
Sat, Dec 10, 2016
What do I have to do for a Florida will?
Discuss Five Wishes
Some questions to be answered in 12 monthly sessions.
1. What keeps me from asking the hard questions? As a UU? As a person?
2. Do I have the power to “re-create” myself to what I want to be? (In only 12 months?)
3. What has been my concept of choices of life? Do I have a Florida will?
4. How do I approach my life and faith in the final 12 months?
Leader: Don Repass UU since 1972, Class of 2008 — One Year to Live Class (email@example.com)