This week at BBUUC….
September 8: Reverend Jack Ford will present “Water Under the Bridge: How our benign neglect for water may be drowning us. ”
Jack says: “I grew up in the springs and sink holes, lakes and rivers, ‘borrow pits’ and puddles of Florida. Twenty years ago my brother and I could drive across a lonely pasture in central Florida, strap on a tank, and dive into the deep, clear waters of our amazing aquifer. And Silver Springs was the crown jewel among
those mystical waters, a first-magnitude spring discharging more than 550 million gallons of water a day! As a child I enjoyed our family trips to ride glass-bottomed boats and watch pyramids of water skiers. Today, our misguided illusion of endless cascades of pure, clean water is costing us dearly. Florida’s finest gift of life is drying up: polluted, choked and smothering in a sea of mistakes and abuse. Let not this water flow under our Buckman Bridge unnoticed.”
Led by: Amber Rodriguez
Accompanied by: Gary Smart
This intergenerational service will include our annual ingathering/water sharing.
What’s happening at Church this week?
Sunday, September 8
- 9:45am Coffee Conversations – Sarah Ritzmann will facilitate “How We Worship”. Childcare and coffee will be provided!
- Following Service – Water Sharing Potluck Lunch! Bring your favorite picnic food to share!
- 12pm Caring Committee Meeting
Tuesday, September 10
- 7pm Council Meeting
Wednesday, September 11
· 11:30am Lunch Bunch at Pengrees – please email email@example.com to RSVP
· 7pm BEACON
· 7pm CUUPS
· 7pm How to Self Publish
· 7pm Newcomer Class – please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Thursday, September 12
· 7pm Faithful Choices, facilitated by Jack Ford and Ellen Miceli
Sunday, September 15
· 9:45am Coffee Conversations – Karen Christiansen will facilitate “Strategies for Resilience: Setting Meaningful Goals”. Childcare and coffee will be provided!
· 12pm Goods and Services Auction Planning Meeting
· 2pm Gary Smart in Concert
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!