This week at BBUUC….
October 6: Mark Yount presents “Alive in a World of Suicide”
Camus wrote that the only truly serious philosophical problem is suicide. Of a 12 year old suicide’s diaries, a Tampa sheriff observed last week, “Her writings would break your heart.” Cloud Atlas‘s Robert Frobisher counters our reflexive objection to suicide: “What’s selfish is to demand another to endure an intolerable existence, just to spare families, friends, and enemies a bit of soul searching.” From these, an existential argument compelling those of us who live in this world of suicide..
Led by: Jeremy Ritzmann
Accompanied by: Marilyn Smart
Our Greeters are Bonnie and Steve McCullar
Our Fellowship Hosts are Pete and Martha Morgan
Our Board Host is Steve McCullar
Our Welcome Ambassador is Gina Norstedt
Our Audio Tech is Erik Slader
Our Spirit Play Teacher is Debbie Atkins
Our Spirit Play Doorkeeper is Staci Cologero
Our Elementary Teacher is Joann Carollo
Our Teen Facilitators are Ariel Cook, Chris Jarman, and Michael Bernos
REMINDER: Our Director of Religious Education needs to have Religious Education Registration forms for every child between nursery age and teen who will be participating in RE! Parents/Guardians, please fill one out and give it to her. Forms can be found on the yahoogroup, the facebook group and on our website at https://bbuuc.org/religious-education-registration-form/ ! A limited number of paper copies will be available at the church on Sunday.
What’s happening at Church this week?
Sunday, October 6
- 9:45am Coffee Conversations – Ariel cook will facilitate “Standing on the Side of Love” Childcare and coffee will be provided!
- 11:45am Social Action Committee Meeting
- 12:30pm Facilitator Training — As a joint venture between the Programming and LRE committees, the training will bring U.U.A. and congregational resources together to provide information for leaders of Adult R.E. and other classes offered at BBUUC. All current, future, and potential teachers and facilitators are requested to attend, and all who are interested are welcome.
Tuesday, October 8
- 7pm Council Meeting
Wednesday, October 9
· 11:30am Lunch Bunch at Pengrees Restaurant
· 7pm BEACON –High School Room
· 7pm Understanding the Bible- Middle School Room
· 7pm CUUPS- Sanctuary
· 7pm How to Self Publish – Elementary Room
Thursday, October 10
· 7pm Faithful Choices, facilitated by Jack Ford and Ellen Miceli – Elementary Room
· 7pm Rummage Sale Set up- Volunteers needed! – Sanctuary/Middle School Room
Friday, October 11
· 12pm Rummage Sale Set Up- Volunteers needed! – Sanctuary/Middle School
Saturday, October 12
· 8am Rummage Sale – Volunteers Needed!
· 4pm River City Pride Parade – email David Kattreh at email@example.com for information about participating!
Sunday, October 13
· 9am LRE Committee Meeting
· 9:45am Coffee Conversations — Childcare and coffee will be provided!
· 12pm Caring Committee Meeting
· 12pm Goods and Services Auction Planning Meeting
There will be a New Member Ceremony during the Service on Sunday, October 13.
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!