This week at BBUUC….
August 18 BBUUC’s General Assembly Delegates will present “We Could Be One”
“This year at General Assembly in Louisville, Kentucky we were challenged to explore what exactly covenant is, and how it can help us live into our principles. We were asked how we could lean into our covenant and with our whole heart, while leaving room for the growing pains that come with covenanting with one another. Join us for our celebration of the larger faith, where we will explore how this years theme of covenant fits into our lives, both with one another inside of our congregation and with those outside of our congregational walls.
What is General Assembly? General Assembly is the largest annual gathering of Unitarian-Universalists. It is not just physical proof that we are not alone, but an affirming connection to the denomination at large, and a source of spiritual rejuvenation, and expansion.
Led by our Delegates. (Jeremy Ritzmann, Erik Slader, Joyce Johnson)
Accompanied by Gary Smart.
This service will include the installation ceremony for our new Director of Religious Education, Dani Slader.
What’s happening at Church this week?
Sunday, August 18
· 9am Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser for the Teen Travel Fund
· 9:45am Coffee Conversations – As a joint venture between the Lifespan Religious Education and Membership committees, Coffee Conversations are meant to build community and educate our congregation simultaneously. Topics can and will range from items integral to being a UU, to current events, families, hot topics, and more. Coffee conversations will start at 9:45 and go about 30 minutes. Childcare and coffee will be provided!
· 12pm “Meet the LRE Teachers” Open House
Tuesday, August 20
· 7pm Worship Committee
· 7pm Finance Committee
- 7pm Workshop on “Active Listening” : Janick Gallois, who resides in France, and is currently visiting her sister and brother in law, is offering a workshop on August 20th (7 to 8:30pm). “We will explore together the power of active listening and how it can lead you into an insightful transformation, connecting you to the intelligence of your body and bringing you back to the present moment. This will include a musical meditative moment.”
Wednesday, August 21
· 6:30pm Comfort Crafts Affinity Group
· 7pm BEACON
· 7pm CUUPS
- 7pm Visual Art and Spirituality- We will discuss what defines spirituality in terms of visual art, and Linda will show several examples. If you would like to, you are invited to contribute your own example.
- (How to Self Publish has been postponed. Please keep watch for more information!)
Sunday, August 25
· 9am Membership Committee
· 9am BBUUCF
· 9:45am Coffee Conversations
· 12pm Parent FUNdraising Meeting
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!