“Deeds not Creeds” is the motto we often use to express our UU beliefs. It is always time to work for justice, but now it is the time for your ICARE team to help lead BBUUC in our most comprehensive work for SOCIAL JUSTICE.
Every year ICARE asks congregations to hold house meetings where stories on community problems are shared. ICARE has influence throughout Northeast Florida, so it doesn’t matter where you live – your stories are relevant. These stories form the basis for issues ICARE addresses. Your participation is important.
There are 2 options for our groups discussions. One is the long version, with the essential information for those who would like a thorough intro to the great work we do in ICARE. The shorter version will get right to chase of discussing what we did last year, and the telling of our stories.
The following house meetings have been scheduled:
- Sunday, September 25th, 12pm to 2pm, Forrest Church Room at BBUUC, led by Molly Brady, light lunch and refreshments will be provided, newcomers and BBUUC members who are not familiar with the ICARE process are encouraged to attend this session.
- Saturday, October 1st, 9:30 am if you’re new to ICARE, 10:00 am if you’ve been with us before, at Carole Hawkins’s home in Murray Hill, with brunch to follow.
- Thursday, October 6th, 6:00 pm for Newbies and 6:30 for those who are “seasoned” at Cindi Jorgensen’s. How about a pot luck? A most excellent pork roast and a vegetarian main dish will be provided.
- Saturday, October 8th, 10:00 am – 12 noon at Stefanie Jorgensen Walter’s house. Coffee and Sweeties to be served.
- Sunday, October 16th, 12pm to 2pm, Olympia Brown Room, at BBUUC, led by Molly Brady, light lunch and refreshments provided. All are welcome.
Sign up sheets will be available at church beginning on September 4th or email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your preferred house meeting.