HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hard to believe it is 2023 already. I am looking forward to seeing what the new year has to bring for our congregation. Needless to say there will be change, as there always is, but that can be something to look forward to if we frame it in the right way. Here are some of my thoughts and expectations:
- I invite you to get engaged in the discussion of changes the UUA is proposing to Article II of its Bylaws. You may have heard that there was consideration of adding an 8th Principle, but the Article II Study Commission is now taking a different approach. See the article in this month’s Journey titled: Update on Article II Study Process and Adoption Timeline
- Our children and youth programs are going great. I am looking forward to the continued growth of the program and to seeing what new and exciting adventures they will be pursuing.
- Our adult RE program is gearing back up. We have new Journey Circles coming together to discuss topics of current relevance.
- I would like to encourage our children, youth and adults to invite a friend or relative or colleague to join you for one of our services or special events this year.
- Speaking of special events, I think we will be seeing many more of them this year starting with our Annual Festivus Celebration on January 1st and closely followed by a presentation by Ron Ferster of a book he co-authored called “Letters of the Lost Children – Japan—World War II’ on January 22.
- And then there are Circle Suppers – they are back by popular demand.
Keep an eye on the bulletin board, the Journey, the This Week and the Sunday Order of Service to stay up-to-date on coming events!
Have a safe and happy year – Look for ways to be happy and to spread that happiness to others whenever and wherever you can.