This week at BBUUC….
October 20: Sheila Harty will present “The Unitarian Heresy Against the Trinity”
A historical and theological analysis of the how the doctrine of the trinity came to be is a must study for all Unitarians who ought to appreciate not only their own religious roots but also the most gymnastic of intellectual sports. Despite its linguistic hair-splitting, the trinity debates—highlighted at the Council of Nicea in 325 BCE—are fascinating political dramas. The roots of Unitarianism—not as it flourished in America, gathering to itself all manner of noble American patriots—are found in 4th century Constantinople, where Christianity was evolving amidst Jewish culture and Greek influence under the hubris of imperial and ecclesial power. It ought to be a movie!
Led by Kris Kines Accompanied by Amber Rodriguez
Our Greeters are Pam Richards and Frank Schwartz
Our Fellowship Hosts are Joann Carollo and Ava Lopez
Our Board Host is Linda Mowers
Our Welcome Ambassador is Linda Crawford
Our Audio Tech is David Christenson
Our Spirit Play Teacher is Wendy Deck
Our Spirit Play Doorkeeper is Liz Teal
Our Elementary Teacher is Marilyn Smart
Our Teen Facilitators are Topher Christiansen and Annabelle Gallois-Bernos
What’s happening at Church this week?
Sunday, October 20
• 9:45am Coffee Conversations – High School Room
• 11am Gay Pride Festival at the site of Riverside Arts Market on Riverside Ave, beneath the Fuller-Warren Bridge
Tuesday, October 22
• 7pm Board Meeting – Elementary Room
• 7pm Program Committee – Office
Wednesday, October 23
• 7pm BEACON –High School Room
• 7pm CUUPS- Sanctuary – Members of the BBUUC are invited to a Pumpkin Party this Wednesday, October 23rd, at 7PM. CUUPS is hosting the carving extravaganza, all you need to bring is the pumpkin. The party is open to all ages, but kids will need to be accompanied by a
• 7pm BBUUYA – Elementary Room
Thursday, October 24
• 7pm Faithful Choices, facilitated by Jack Ford and Ellen Miceli – Elementary Room
Friday, October 25
• 6pm Halloween Trunk or Treat – Friday, October 25th, from 6:00-10:00pm we will be holding our first Halloween Trunk-or-Treat and Potluck Dinner!!! All are welcome to join the fun! Decorations and costumes are encouraged. Contests will be held for the best costumes (per age group) and the best trunk theme so start planning! For more information, please contact Gina Norstedt or Amber Rodriguez or email email@example.com!
Sunday, October 27
• 9am UUCF – Middle School Room
• 9am Membership Committee – Elementary Room
• 9:45am Coffee Conversations – High School Room, Childcare and coffee will be provided!
• 12:15pm Yoga Nidra – Sanctuary
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!