This week at BBUUC….
November 17: Ramin Mahmoodi will present “The Significance of a Pure, Kindly and Radiant Heart”
150 years ago, the Baha’i holy writings discussed the importance of having a pure and kindly heart, and outlined some of the important factors in achieving such a state of being. Today, many of the best Spiritual Leaders of our time talk about the same issue with an updated language, and even medical science has begun appreciating it’s impact on one’s health. We shall explore some of Baha’i perspectives together.
About Ramin Mahmoodi: “I am a Computer Systems Analyst by profession, a husband and father of two boys by choice, and a Baha’i for over thirty five years by the grace of the Invisible Force. I fled the impending religious persecution of the Baha’is by the Islamic Republic of Iran in December of 1978, and arrived in US in April 1990, having lived in the Philippines, Spain and Canada. My interest in the practical application of Baha’I principles is rooted in the belief that their purpose is to help me live a better life. Having a Pure and Kindly heart has been a subject of intense personal reflection and growth ever since the attack on US soil of Sept. 11. My hope is to learn and grow more as I share what I have learned thus far.”
Led by Sarah Clarke-Stuart ● Accompanied by Gary Smart
Take the Joys and Concerns Survey at http://goo.gl/X9IAEw (Case Sensitive)
What’s happening at Church this week?
Sunday, November 17
- 9am LRE Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
- 9am Unplug the Christmas Machine – High School Room, Coffee and Childcare will be provided!
- 12:15pm Choir of the Moment practice – Sanctuary
Tuesday, November 19
- 7pm Finance Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
- 7pm Worship Committee – Middle School Room
- 7pm Welcome Ministry Meeting – High School Room
Wednesday, November 20
· 6:30pm Comfort Crafts Affinity Group – Elementary Room
· 7pm BEACON –High School Room
7pm CUUPS – Middle School Room
Saturday, November 23
- 4pm – Afternoon Tea – Please contact Linda Crawford for more information about the location.
Sunday, November 24
· 9am Pancake Breakfast – Sanctuary
· 9am Membership Committee – Elementary Room
· 9am Unplug the Christmas Machine – High School Room, Childcare and coffee will be provided!
· 9am UUCF – Unitarian Universalist Christian Fellowship – Middle School Room
· 12:30pm Town Hall Meeting to discuss “how we do” Joys and Concerns – Sanctuary
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!