Rev. Pat Ray presents “The Fire of Commitment”
Do you have the fire of commitment? Join us on Justice Sunday.
Justice Sunday is a UUSC program through which congregations can learn about and engage in a key area of human rights. Each year, Justice Sunday focuses on a particular theme and offers resources and activities for congregations to explore that topic.
The theme of Justice Sunday 2014, “Justice Is Planting the Seed,” invites congregations to learn about food security and sustainability. This ties in with the theme of 2013 “Compassionate Consumption”. Economic justice is essential for securing basic human rights. As a consumer, we have the power to make a difference in the lives of workers every day when you choose services and products that align with your values of justice and equality. In this light we will introduce the 2013-2014 UUA Common Read “Behind the Kitchen Door ” which will be offered at BBUUC in April.
Led by Carol Waters, Accompanied by Eileen Morrison
What’s happening at Church this week?
BOGO Food Drive, supported by BBUUYA (Buckman Bridge UU Young Adults) – in this case, “BOGO” means “Buy One, Give One”. When you shop the BOGO sales, buy one for yourself, and give one to help friends in need. Put your non-perishables in the box in the sanctuary. They will be used by BBUUYA to make one week survival kits which will be used to help those in our community who are in need.
Sunday, March 23rd
• 9:00am BBUU Christian Fellowship – Middle School Room
• 9:45am Coffee Conversations – High School Room, Childcare and Coffee will be provided
• 12:00pm Membership Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
• 12:00pm Social Action Committee Meeting – Middle School Room
Tuesday, March 25th
• 7:00pm Board Meeting – Elementary Room
• 7:00pm Program Committee Meeting – Office
Wednesday, March 26th
• 7:00pm BEACON – High School Room
• 7:00pm Newcomer Class – Elementary Room
• 7:00pm BBUUYA – Middle School Room
Thursday, March 27th
• 7:00pm Worship Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
Sunday, March 30th
• 9:30am FUNdraising Sub-Committee Meeting – Middle School Room
• 9:45am Coffee Conversations – High School Room, Coffee and Childcare provided!
• 10:30am OWL for 1st and 2nd Graders – High School Room, during the service
• 12:00pm Lifespan Religious Education Committee Meeting – Elementary Room
• 12:00pm Facilities Committee Meeting – High School Room
We are looking forward to seeing you this week!