The BBUUC ICARE Team Leaders are offering five opportunities to attend a House Meeting this fall. You are encouraged to sign up.
The purpose of these small group gatherings is to build relationships and help everyone in our congregation become aware of BBUUC’s Justice Ministry. Each meeting will be experiential where we listen to one another’s thoughts about justice, present the work we are doing with partner congregations in the ICARE organization, and let you know about the opportunities available to our members for participation. This will give you a better understanding of the social justice work that we can do with ICARE, and also the information that you can use to determine what level of participation you wish to engage in.
House Meeting times and places are as follows:
- Saturday, September 14th, 10 am to noon, at BBUUC, light refreshments, babysitting available
- Sunday, September 15th, 12:30 to 3:00 pm, at Cindi Jorgensen’s home, lunch
- Sunday, September 22nd, 5 to 8 pm, at Suzanna Siebert’s home, dinner, babysitting available
- Monday, September 23rd, 6:30 to 9 pm, at John Wrightington’s home, dinner
- Saturday, September 28th, 1 to 3 pm, at Viqui Hilliard’s home, light refreshments
SIGN UP by sending the information below to ICARE@bbuuc.org. Indicate your name and the names of any other family members or guests coming along and your first and second choices for time and place.
First Choice: House Meeting Number .
Second Choice: House Meeting Number .
Comments or questions:
— Your BBUUC Justice Ministry Team Leaders
* ICARE is Jacksonville’s Interfaith Coalition for Action, Reconciliation and Empowerment, a coalition of 38 justice-minded religious congregations.