COVENANT OF THE HEALTHY CONGREGATION TEAM OF THE
BUCKMAN BRIDGE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CHURCH
Created October 27, 2019
- We covenant to be guided by the BBUUC Mission, to be accountable to our BBUUC Covenant of Right Relations, and to live as best we can our Unitarian Universalist Principles.
- Discretion and confidentiality are hallmarks of our work together on behalf of our Church, and we covenant to practice both so that we may be trustworthy to those we serve.
- If the first duty of love is to listen, we covenant to listen with open minds, with open hearts, and without judgment. We covenant to avoid unhealthy triangulation and gossip.
- We covenant to work together in support of our Church’s Bylaws and Policies, including (but not limited to) the Safety Policy, the Disruptive Behavior Policy, and the Right Relations & Reconciliation Policy.
- We covenant to keep learning and growing together, and to model best practices by bringing conflicts and concerns back to our Healthy Congregation Team.
- We covenant to continually educate ourselves and the Church about healthy conflict resolution and reconciliation, and to amend this Covenant when necessary, to support healthy process and communication.