4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Join us for an afternoon of sharing and discussion. We will view Katie Couric’s America Inside Out: Our Muslim Neighbor, hear first-hand personal stories from our Jacksonville Muslim neighbors, share a meal and participate in an Islamophobia workshop: what to do when confronted with Islamophobia.
Bring a dish to share with our neighbors. Please be aware of Muslim food restrictions. Pork and alcohol are expressly forbidden. (Halal=permissible, Haram-forbidden)
• Vegetables, fruits, grain are great
• Egg and dairy are also permissible
• Fish is generally OK, but some may say no to those without scales.
• Use meat that has “HALAL” sign on the package.
• No alcohol for them. Don’t use it in the meal or the dessert. Watch your seasonings also. Miso and soy sauce can contain alcohol. So can vanilla flavorings.
• Check the snacks if they contain gelatin, animal fat or alcohol.
• Ask the guest if you’re not sure.