April 2021 “Share the Plate” Virtual Offertory Recipient
The virtual donations to our worship service offertory will be directed to support the St. Johns Riverkeeper. Please use the Paypal Giving Fund link on our YouTube channel, or here: https://www.paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/1465251
The mission of the St. Johns RIVERKEEPER is to defend the St. Johns River and to advocate for its protection. It is a 50(c)(3), privately-funded, independent and trusted voice for the St. Johns River and the public to whom it belongs. The vision is to have a thriving St. Johns River Watershed that sustains healthy ecosystems for future generations.
The St. Johns RIVERKEEPER accomplishes its mission by:
- Patrolling the river on a regular basis in our St. Johns RIVERKEEPER boat the Kingfisher captained by our SJRK River Patrol.
- Investigating pollution problems and demanding accountability.
- Ensuring that our environmental laws and regulations are implemented and enforced.
- Advocating for sensible solutions and necessary policy changes to better protect the St. Johns.
- Educating the public about the St. Johns River and the issues impacting its health.
- Developing high-quality educational resources and programs.
- Providing frequent opportunities for students and the general public to experience the river through boat trips and field trips.
- Informing, involving, and engaging our members and the community in the efforts to protect and restore the river’s health, including extensive volunteer opportunities.
- Participating in the public policy decision-making process to represent the interests of the river, our members, and the public.
- Working with citizens to effectively resolve problems impacting the river in their neighborhoods and communities.
Their work as an independent voice for the river is made possible by financial support from you and hundreds of other concerned citizens.
St. Johns RIVERKEEPER is a member of the Waterkeeper Alliance. Today, Waterkeeper Alliance is the world’s fastest growing environmental movement, with over 300 Waterkeeper Organizations protecting rivers, lakes and coastal waterways on 6 continents.